Zero Tolerance Policy for the Homer Little League
Zero Tolerance Policy for Parents/Spectators
The game will be stopped by an umpire or Board member when the parents/spectators are displaying inappropriate or disruptive behavior interfering with other spectators or the game. The umpire or Board member will identify violators to the coaches for the purpose of removing them from the viewing and game area. Once removed, play will be resumed. Inappropriate and disruptive behavior shall include:
1. Use of obscene or vulgar language in a boisterous manner to anyone at any time.
2. Taunting of players, coaches, umpires or other spectators by means of baiting, ridiculing, threat of physical violence or actual physical violence.
Zero Tolerance Policy for Players
A warning will be given whenever a player:
1. Openly disputes or argues any decision by an umpire.
2 . Visually demonstrates any sign of dissatisfaction with an umpire’s decision.
A player will be ejected from the game whenever the player:
1. Receives his second warning during a game.
2. Uses obscene or vulgar language at any time, even if it is not directed at a particular person.
3. Throws bats or batting helmets.
Zero Tolerance Policy for Coaches
A warning will be given whenever a coach:
1. Openly disputes or argues an umpires decision. (It is acceptable to calmly and quietly ask for a rule interpretation but not a judgment call by the umpire).
2. Visually demonstrates any sign of dissatisfaction with an umpires call.
A coach will be ejected from a game whenever the coach:
1. Receives a second warning during a game.
2. Uses obscene or vulgar language, even if it is not directed at any particular person.
Zero Tolerance Policy for Umpires
Umpires are required to conduct themselves in a businesslike, sportsmanlike, impartial and constructive manner at all times. Actions such as “baiting” or inciting players or coaches are strictly prohibited. The actions of the umpire should be above reproach.